Ideas and tricks can make a big difference, so you can make cooking a lot easier with just a few tips.
Here are a few things you should know about working with beef:
- Always buy fresh – when you buy beef, you should make sure it’s soft and fresh. The color should be bright red with thin white fat distributed evenly throughout the surface.
- Look for tenderness and leanness of the beef before procuring it.
- Avoid beef injected with flavorings, because it can be easily overcooked.
- Before you use it, always wash it with water.
- It’s easier to cut beef when it’s frozen. so before you decide to cut it, put it in the freezer for an hour or so.
- If you want your beef soft and tender, soak your stakes in olive oil overnight.
- All meals that include beef should be cooked all of the way through. You should cook beef at least for 1 hour.
- The longer you cook it, the softer it gets.
- You should never salt the beef long before you cook it. Salt and cook immediately.
- Beef stakes should be sliced thinly, so it takes less time to cook them.
- Beef tastes good with white wine. Don’t drink it, cook with wine:)